Another simple activity that children enjoy and find fascinating.
Age: 12+ Months
Items: Mirror in which the child can see him/herself easily / Child sized hair brush or comb / Clips (for girls) / Small basket or drawer – a special place for the child to have easy access with the brush
- Sit or stand in front of the mirror and take your own adult sized brush.
- To brush the right side of your head put left hand over the left side of the head and brush straight down your hair.
- Repeat on the other side placing left hand over right side of the head. Your arms will cross in front of your head. This is a way for the child to be able to see easily the different sides of the head.
- Brush your hair deliberately and slowly.
- After that, slowly place the brush back onto the basket.
- Let them have a turn if they have not asked yet!